Guitar lessons with Jonny Moss
What we'll do:
• You can learn chords to songs, fingerstyle guitar (folk, celtic, DADGAD...), classical, some jazz, blues... so many possibilities
• Lessons can be customised to suit your needs
• Improvisation, composition and theory, if requested and when necessary
• There's no need for you to be able to read music! We can use tab which is very easy to learn and use
• Lessons for all players of all levels
• Possibility to study for grades in classical or acoustic guitar and sit exams
• The lessons can be in English or French
Why learn with me?
If you feel you've reached a plateau or are not developing as a guitarist, I can point you in the right direction. If you feel your playing suffers from bad habits, I can show you what to do. If you lack confidence in your playing, I can give you a boost. If you're stuck in a rut I can introduce you to new pieces that will reward you. I can encourage you to play naturally avoiding physical stress. I can help you develop a fluid and musical approach to your playing.
I can't promise the impossible, but I'll do my damnedest to put that spark back into your playing again.
It was as a teen that I was first inspired by the guitar's versatility and power to captivate and that I started my life-long passion to entertain; I continue to play to audiences across the UK and Europe.
After many years of playing in groups as varied as ceilidh and jazz bands, I now specialize in solo fingerstyle/classical guitar and have developed my own sound, not restricted by genre. My repertoire embraces classical, flamenco, blues, jazz and folk.
I have been teaching the guitar for over 20 years.
Jonny Moss MA, PGCE (Oxon)
Please watch my introductory video, which may give you some ideas...
"After teaching myself the guitar for 15 years (playing with a plectrum and picking up bad habits), I was unable to go any further with my playing. I had to take lessons in order to develop and stay motivated. With Jonny, I have progressed even more quickly than I had ever hoped. He tailored his dynamic teaching to my needs, giving me a coherent method, at my own pace, built around exercises and a wide range of pieces. I am now capable (after a year and a half of lessons) to play fingerstyle (Folk and Celtic) and classical... pieces I did not dream of ever being able to play (by Andrew York, Phil Keaggy, Baden Powell...). THANK YOU."